BC Assessment determines the price of your home, which determines your property taxes. Here are the links you will need to protest their valuation of your home. See the Key Dates to learn when the deadlines are for challenging your property assessments (taxes).
- BC Assessment Authority
- BC Assessment Authority Directory
- Section 19(8) of Assessment Act – Special assessments for certain long term residents – File before Oct. 31 of the preceding year.
- Key Dates
- Property Assessment Review Process
- Property Assessment Review Step by Step Process
- Form to file a written Notice of Complaint – Currently not on their website.
- Form to withdraw your Notice of Complaint (Appeal)
- Property Assessment Review Panel (PARP)
- Property Assessment Appeal Board
- Defer your Property Taxes
Utility fees are now separate from property taxes, but these costs are rising above the rate of inflation as well.
To lower our property taxes, we must reduce City expenditures. To do this we must challenge the planned expenditures by the City.
- City of Richmond
- OVAL Background
- Taxes & Utilities
- Finance & Taxes
- Finance Admin Contact Info and Department Contact Info
- Council Meetings
- Lets Talk Richmond
MetroVancouver (GVRD) water/sewer & recycling cost data.
Municipal tax rate bylaws are required to be adopted before May 15 of each year. Tax rate files and tax burden files are available in July of that same year.